Posted by shreeharshagp on June 13, 2007
Investment made easier
The general notion is that investing in the stock market is like gambling. However it is a better mode of investment, compared with the investment in savings account or in fixed deposit (FD). Investment in FD, you may earn a return of 8% – 9% (Per annum) depending on the interest rates defined by the government. But if you make a wise investment in equity through mutual funds or directly in shares, you may earn a decent return of 30% – 40% (Per annum) in any condition. Historically, the stock market has had a better rate of return over a bank deposit over the long term, but liquidity is a concern (if you want your money back immediately and the stocks are down, you lose).There are instances where return had crossed 100% of your investment (Thanks to a booming economy!!).
There are three ways in which you can invest your money in the stock market. First one will be through the stock broker; one invests directly into the equity market (stock market); second one will be through mutual funds, managed by a fund manager and third will be through the ULIP Unit Linked Insurance Plan. ULIPs should be avoided as they have a number of drawbacks 7 reasons to avoid a ULIP
For a novice in the stock market, it would be better to start with mutual funds. And switch over to direct investment in the equity market later.
A Mutual Fund is a pool of money collected from different investors and managed by a Fund Manger (Expert in stock market investment). At the end of the day this money will enter the stock market, bonds, and money market.
Advantage of investing in Mutual Fund:
- Professional management of your money
- Diversification of investment
- High return potential
- Low cost as a fee
- Transparency in the investment
- Tax benefits
Things to be considered while selecting a Mutual Fund
- Entry Load / Exit Load: Entry load is the fee deducted from your investment amount during the time of Mutual Fund purchase. Exit load is the fee deducted while you are selling the Mutual Fund or redeeming your money. Generally the entry load will be 2.25% of your investment amount and exit load is 2.25% to 1% if redeemed within 6 months of investment.
- Fund Mangers: Fund mangers are the key persons responsible for returns on your investment. His strategy of investment will yield you more money. Keep an eye open on the fund manager when selecting the fund.
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): You can start investing from as low as Rs. 500 / per month. To activate this initially you need to give check with the stated amount. From next month you need not give them cheque, but can be debited automatically through ECS (Electronic Clearing Scheme). Every month on particular day money will be transferred from your bank account to the Fund. Take care that the savings account you link with the fund is the active bank account. If you fail to maintain the amount that will be deducted by the fund, you will be penalized with the amount from Rs. 200 to Rs. 400. When you exit from the MF i.e., redeeming the fund, you will have to fill a redemption form. Make sure that you have given instruction to stop the ECS also.
- You can go for SIP in Tax saving funds. But the investments made in the first month need to be invested for next 3 yrs min to avail the benefit. Let’s consider that over a period of one year you have invested Rs. 12,000. You can’t redeem (withdraw) entire Rs. 12,000 at the end of 3 yrs. As you have invested every month, redemption will happen every month. i.e. Investment of the month Jan, 2007 can be redeemed on Jan, 2010. Investment of Feb, 2007 can be redeemed on Feb, 2010.
- www.valueresearchonline.com and www.moneycontrol.com are among the two best sites you can rely on when you select funds. Here they provide details of the funds performance; they rate it on the basis of the returns. It’s also a good source to explore the market and enlarge your horizons.
- Plan your investment in such a way that, you invest every month the same amount irrespective of market fluctuation. Let’s take an example, every month you will be investing Rs. 2000. Second month the market moves up, as a result the price that you pay to buy stocks / MF will be high. So invest the same amount, but you will buy a lower number of units. Next month the market moves down, as a result the price to own a stock will be reduced. Here you get many more shares for the same money. Thereby you will be investing an average of Rs. 2000 every month. But wisely… cheers…!!!
Note: Investments are subject to market risk, please read the offer document carefully before investing…
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted by shreeharshagp on June 12, 2007
Business Intelligence is a broad category of applications and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data to help enterprise users’ make better business decisions. BI applications include the activities of decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytic processing (OLAP), statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining.
Business Intelligence solutions play an important role in an enterprise growth. BI helps in transforming organization’s data into useful and meaningful information and then distributes it to the right person at right time for the better and faster decision making.
Business Intelligence Solutions address the following issues
- Simplified deployment and administration
- Increased productivity by empowering users to create their own reports with out requiring IT or Specialist assistance (Customization at its best)
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis
- Provides data security and privacy
- Better back-up for the history records
- Faster problem solving and decision making
- Data porting from legacy systems to Datawarehouse
- Development of centralized Datawarehouse system
- Data accuracy and ensuring forecasts reflect the latest data in the system
- Over come multiple or disconnected data sources
- Data quality improvement
Top 9 Business Intelligence and Analytic Solutions are as below; this rated by 2020software.com a Business Software reviver:
- Sage MAS 500
- Epicor Enterprise
- SAP xAPP Analytics
- Exact Business Analytics
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Enterprise
- Everest Advanced Edition
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Hoover’s Pro Trial
- NetSuite Enterprise Solution
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This section gives you a feel of the SEO effort done by the following companies in topping the search result to increase the web traffic. Google changes the searching algorithm very frequently to give better results and authentic results. Few of the concepts that were or now used are referral from other site to your own site, earlier they use to use metadata. But as metadata were inserted to increase the traffic, but the content didn’t provided the respective keywords present in metadata. This method lost its prominence.
The companies listed in Google, with the keyword “Business Intelligence Solutions” in the top to bottom order are Oracle, Microsoft, BI-Solutions, Information builders, and Cognos.
Facts and Figures:
- Performance management software segment is expected to reach $7 billion by 2009 with a Compound Annual Growth of 11%
- In 2005, Business Intelligence Tools market grew by 11.5% and IDC expects the market to grow at the same pace
- The Western European BI Tools market grew by 13.7% to reach € 1,590 million in licensing and maintenance revenue
- Price will be a competitive parameter in near future
Spending on Business Intelligence and Performance Management will reach $ 23.88 B 2007.
Five main categories of BI and PM with their spending forecast are as below:
- Business Intelligence $ 6.6 B
- Dashboards and scorecards $ 5.5 B
- Analytics Infrastructure $ 4.3 B
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting $ 4.1 B
- Analytics applications $ 3.4 B
(Source: AMR Research)
Trends in Business Intelligence Today
Consolidation of BI companies
- Full suite vendors (Those offering everything from ETL processing to the BI analytics) are taking over Data quality vendors. So only few Standalone Data vendors are left over in the market. These acquisitions add value to the data integration capabilities
- Enterprise Information Integration vendors are being acquired or have strategic partnership with BI vendors. These alliances broaden the data integration capabilities for Standalone ETL or Full service vendors by adding the ability to deliver real-time integration capabilities
- Small niche players are bought over by big companies before they are identified by the market.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted by shreeharshagp on May 16, 2007
Few days back when i tried to open mozilla firefox i got a message “I Dont hate mozilla but use IE or Else”… this was my first encounter with a virus… My antiVirus couldn’t detect it… thats bad.. :(
My senior Colleague at office Mr. Mohan, he is a person who guides me in all my system related queries. Thanks Mohan. when i said him about this he went through google…. and landed on to a site “mozillaZine” where people discuss about the virus. Thankfully people had already found solution for this virus. Which had blocked my mozilla firefox but IE was accessible. even with IE i was unable to visit orkut.
I heard these days virus are spreading through USBs. So one precaution measure would be to disable the auto run feature in the system. How to do this ? follow the simple steps:
- Click Start -> Run.
- Type RegEdit in the Open text box, then press ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, locate and click the following registry key:
- Modify the value of the Autorun to 0 (zero) so that CD-ROMs and Audio CDs do not run and start automatically when inserted.
- Next navigate to the following registry subkey:
- Modify the value of the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry to 0xb5 value to turn off the AutoRun feature for CD-ROMs by right-click NoDriveTypeAutoRun and then click Modify to type B5 in the Value data box. Select Hexadecimal, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
After three days of effort i could kill that virus from my system. Thanks to Mohan and members of mozillaZine. The steps to kill the virus is…
- Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
- in that click on Process Tab
- Delete only the svchost.exe of your user name
- type c:\heap41a in you address barof your explorer and you can trace this folder
- Now give a smile… you have done it….
Posted in Uncategorized | 246 Comments »
Posted by shreeharshagp on February 18, 2007
Have you seen “Minority Report”…? The day is not far that you can play it the same way, as Tom cruise plays in the movie, moving fingers to operate a computer. It all needs the blending of technology and the vision to make it a reality. We are on the way to realizing it and Vodafone has a big plan in taking us to that day.
Recently we have been seeing the count down of bidding over Hutchison’s stake in Hutch-Essar Telecom Company in India. The fore runners in the bid were Reliance communication, British telecom giant Vodafone and Hinduja’s tied up with Qatar and Altimo a Russian Telecom major. Vodafone came out victorious in the battle with an offer which gives a company valuation of about $19.3 billion. Hutch being India’s third private mobile service provider has close to 24 million customers. That’s fine yaar… Vodafone got the deal, Hutchison got the money, Reliance felt bad for losing the deal. How this gonna affect us? Yes this will surely be advantage for us. I can recall the days when we have to wait for months together to get a telephone connection. Now with many players in the market you can have the connection with in few days. That’s the beauty of many private players and MNC entering our country. It will stimulate the competition and can expect better service from the companies.
Vodafone is the major telecom player in the world, with approximately 198 million proportionate customers world wide (31 December, 2006). India is the fastest growing market in the telecom industry with a growth rate of 80%, where as the developed markets Europe has a growth of less than 10%. Vodafone’s one of the strategies is to explore the growing market. Vodafone’s future vision claims, over the next decade we will be able to see all sorts of differences that we can barely imagine today. To experience this visit there webpage http://www.vodafone.com in that click on the future vision link. It talks about the electronic news paper/magazine, visual bracelet, digital wall paper, location based system and so on getting in to our daily activity. If you see this, for some time you will feel like you are in some movie. But in neat future it will happen…. Wow sounds great, right? Hmmm…
Apart from this near future things, what is that Vodafone is bringing to India is to be watched closely. Will there be a huge reduction in tariff as Vodafone talks cost reduction, stimulating revenue globally. What will happen to our Pug in the Hutch advertisement? This will be one advertisement, which gonna stay for longer period in the people’s mind. The chemistry of the boy and Pug has added life into those advertisements. “Where ever you go our network follows” will it remain the same or will it take the shape of “How are you” the Vodafone’s successful global communication campaign. Brand managers feel that changing the brand name is not a big problem in this telecom industry. But for sure there will be good competition, which will benefit the users like us. We have to wait and see the strategy of the Vodafone for Indian operations.
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Posted by shreeharshagp on January 26, 2007
I was recently watching a documentary in Australia Network TV channel. The documentary was about NRI bridegroom, local Punjabi bride and dowry.
There was an incident where the girl’s parents (gp) marries her daughter to a NRI boy who resides in Canada. When asked by the girl’s parents (gp) to the boy’s parents (bp) that whether they need any dowry as such. They clearly say they don’t need it and still the gp commits themselves to give bp $ 20,000. Every thing was going good for that moment. The marriage day has arrived and just before the completion of marriage ritual, bp puts there demand of additional $ 50,000. It puts gp in shock. The bridegroom is unaware of this issue. During the “bidaye” ceremony girl starts looking for her parents she could see only her brother. But gp are in shock and are not in a condition to face her daughter. After few min they console themselves and see off her daughter.
The newly married couple heads towards Himalayas for their Honeymoon. But for her fate something different was waiting. She discovers that boy drinks alchohol, but was told to gp and to her that he doesn’t. He starts abusing her saying you ruined my life… Her bad days starts from this moment.
The day comes when boy has to leave to Canada. On that day he tells her about the ransome money that gp haven’t given till date and She feels as if she has fallen into a bottomless drench. she doesn’t speaks a word. From then the same filmy style of SAS – BAHU funda… but it goes beyond the limits.
One day she was sent back to her home to come back with the money. The gp are not in a position to give the money because of their bad financial condition. The days rolls down. She has no contact with her husband, he hasn’t given her a call since he left to Canada. After a year she receives Divorce letter from her so called hubby. girl and her family members are shock to see the lawyer’s notice from the Canadian Lawyer.
Girl plans to go to Canada to fight the case to restore her marriage. But she will be denied of Visa, the reason given by the embassy was, Divorce notice woun’t be sufficient to enter Canada. She needs someones presence there who can take her responsibility. She files a complaint in Indian Court. Court sends him series of notices. They will not turnup to the court’s hearing. At the end he is entitled as criminal and gets listed in the wanted column. Atleast this gives the girl a relief that he taught him a lesson, for playing with others life. If this didn’t affect him fine atleast she succeeded in preventing him to come back to India…
The statistics shows that there are around 10,000 such girls in Punjab… the figure may be exact but am sure it is thousands only. And the local politician has taken initiative to tackle this problem of NRI scam. The system in Canada is such a way that if the couples are away form each other for a year or so you are awarded Divorce. You get married in India and someone there in Canada awards you Divorce…. B*** S**.
Its not the fault of gp that they dream of a settled life for her girl. But why people still so called Highly educated do this.
Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »
Posted by shreeharshagp on January 24, 2007
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!
Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »